Sep 3, 2011

Somebody Ring the Breakfast Bell

Ahhh...weekend. Time off from work, time to spend with family, time for breakfast. And let me tell you, this skillet knows breakfast.

I've already established the skillet's awesome ability of frying up some deliciously, tasty bacon. But I hadn't tried the #1 weekend breakfast staple yet: Eggs.

First, I have to tell you about the small mistake that cost me two eggs and gained me my first skillet related burn. Really, I need to be more careful, or just more awake when I use hot pans.

So, I had just finished frying up the bacon. I made 3 slices for Sumo and 1 slice for me. As they were draining off their grease, I decided to see what would happen if I fried my eggs up in the leftover grease from the pan. I didn't drain any of it. I just started cracking eggs into it. Well, I don't know if there was too much of it, or if the browned bits of bacon on the bottom of the skillet did the trick, but the eggs stuck. I couldn't get my spatula under them. As I frantically tried to free those eggs from the bottom of the skillet, I realized I had lost my battle. So, I picked up my skillet, with pot holders of course (more on that in a later post), and walked towards the sink.

While waiting for the sink water to get nice and hot I rested the bottom of the skillet on the aluminum edging of the sink. When the water was hot, I stuck her in there. As I started scrubbing with all of my might, I nonchalantly rested my forearm on the same edge that the hot skillet had been resting on. Well, I'm willing to say that aluminum conducts heat pretty well and that my arm didn't rest there for too long.

Luckily I had aloe in the house, as I'm quite prone to sunburns.

Anyway, when I was done washing out the skillet, I dried her, and regreased her, and placed her back on the stove top. I turned the stove back to medium, and this time, added a bit of smart balance before adding my eggs.



Those eggs cooked up beautifully. The skillet is so large though, that the eggs spread out more than I would like them to. I told Sumo I need more skillets, but in different sizes.

All in all though, even with the burnt arm, breakfast was delicious. ...especially since I topped it off with Green Mountain's Pumpkin Spice coffee. Mmm...

Sumo's Breakfast

No comments:

Post a Comment