Sep 4, 2011

Skillet Peaches; Rum Edition

So, most of you know that I'm an avid pie-maker. I even have a pie blog - www.straightfromthepiehole.blogspot.com.  Well, I was making a pie on Friday and guess what? I used my skillet!

No, I didn't use it to bake the pie - soon, my friends, soon. I used it to saute up some rum peaches.

Rum peaches? Yes.

Here's how they go:



Rum Peaches


2 Tbsp Butter
2 Lg Peaches; peeled, pitted, and sliced
2 Tbsp Sugar
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1/4 C. Rum

1. Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add butter.
3. When butter is melted, add peaches. Stir constantly for 2 minutes.
4. Add sugar and cinnamon. Stir constantly for 1 minute.
5. Add rum. Allow to boil, stirring constantly, until most of the liquid has boiled out.

Now here's the fun part: You can choose what to do with it! I put my rum peaches in the bottom of a pie (Rum Raisin Peach - mmm...). I'm imaging the peaches in some type of dessert cup, with a scope of vanilla bean ice cream on top. Or, OR! The ice cream on the bottom and the peaches served over the top.


What would you do? Any good ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment